Just a few facts about our little babe:
1. When Claire wakes up she now calls for daddy and then "eggs eggs eggs". Her love of eggs knows no bounds. The other afternoon I found her sitting in the kitchen surrounded by our 3 cartons of eggs [I guess we all like eggs here] and just pointing and smiling. I know she needs protein so I fried one right up for her.
2. She now refers to breastfeeding as "baba" and nuzzles in. It is adorable.
3. We had gotten her to sleep 9 hours straight for a few weeks, but it seems we are back to the insomnia. Cross your fingers this passes.
4. Really loves snacks- pretzels and crackers are right up her alley. But if they are another baby's snacks then she loves them even more.
5. Can lift weights, 3 pounds in each arm. I think she is incredible.
The driving force in Claire's life is to interact with other kids. She wants to play with them, laugh with them, and steal all their toys so they can try to steal them all back. A couple weeks ago, Hailey taught Claire how to tickle and it was like opening a whole new world. It was like when Dr. Grant sees the dinosaurs for the first time in Jurassic Park. Here was an excuse to walk right up to people and make them start laughing, and she has been taking full advantage. The other day she started a new friendship with an older girl at the park over tickles, and within minutes they were giggling themselves to death over who could lie down on their back in the funniest part of the playground. Later, the other girl hurt her knee and screamed bloody murder. Claire walked up and wrapped her arms around her until she stopped. Tickles, guys. Tickles are the answer.