Kelly, I love reading your blog [Pee In The Beans] and I am excited that you enjoy mine, thank you for thinking of me and congrats on your two noms!
What is this Liebster Blog Award anyway? [Stolen from Kelly Rathburn]
Well, it’s more of an acknowledgement, really. Nominees answer questions crafted by their blogging nominator and then pass the love along to their own list of nominees. It’s a great way to spread the blog love for those that you enjoy with fewer than 200 followers. Introduce your readership to your favorites and make it known that you love their words!
Liebster Blog Award Rules in a Nutshell:
- Thank the person that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions that they asked you in their nomination post
- Nominate 11 other blogs
- Ask your nominees 11 new questions
so, here we go
1. Why do you blog?
I used to be a very very active Livejournal user in high school. I created html for other Livejournals, I posted multiple times a day and overall was really annoying about it. I had given it up around the age of 21 and just stopped writing, there was no real reason for it I just took a break. I decided to start Celebrate We Will when Ryan and I had decided to start a family, I thought I could use it to write down everything I was feeling and going through and it would be an outlet for me. I had not really considered sharing it as much as I do and I also didn't expect anyone to enjoy reading along. I am not known for my grammar or spelling and I tend to write in a train of thought style which I know can drive some people insane. Now that I have been doing weekly updates, writing out recipes and just sharing to share I love it and I hope I can keep it up once Claire is here, eventually she might want to read along too.
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I think I answered this above haha I love that I can look back to see how I felt when something in particular was happening, I also really love that my husband is such a fan.
3. Which song can make you start dancing immediately?
Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend.
Watch & try not to dance [extra points for the Robyn roll]
That is really tough. I am going to make a list.
- Top Fish: 3rd place finalist for my stuffed squid recipe, I am proud that I actually entered and then had the follow through to practice and win tickets to Sea Fare which is all I really wanted.
- My nomination for Long Beach Post's 40 under 40.
- Making a long distance relationship work and now have a thriving marriage that is bringing a baby into the world.
5. If you could give your 16 year old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
Oh man, even though 16 year old me had it going on there is so much to tell her!
- Become friends with your sisters now, there is no reason to wait until you are older. They are awesome and you should start enjoying them right away.
- Take control of your emotions, letting yourself get so wound up isn't good for you and you are going to eventually regret it.
- Tip better.
6. What location is top on your vacation list?
Fiji, I want to stay in a cabin over the water with a glass floor. Bad.
7. What is your favorite thing to do outdoors?
Roll around in the grass and picnic.
8. If you joined the circus, what act would you perform?
I would want to ride around on an elephant.
9. Nap or no nap?
10. What item/experience would you or do you splurge on?
Food. I can justify a good dining experience. I love food so much.
11. What makes you smile every time?
My husband. Ryan is the best around.
2. Lend Me Your Kite - Andrea Franklin's blog about life and pregnancy. Always fun to read, so excited for their baby Declan.
3. My Mommy Diaries - Brittany Kurowski's blog about life and pregnancy. Great advice on this blog since she is a mommy of 5. Excited for baby River.
4. Beerologue- Sarah Bennet has a lot to say so follow her here and on the Long Beach Post!5. PLEINE DE VIE - Evelyn talks about fashion and music and it is fun to follow along!
I know, 5? I will look through and add some more soon!
2. What was the most enjoyable part of your work (both professionally and at home)?
3. What is your single biggest time waster in your life that you would never give up?
4. Pick three words to describe 2013 so far.
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. If at 18 you knew what you know now what would you do differently?
7. What trait do you most admire in others?
8. What trait of yours do you most appreciate, and why?
9. What did you do on your 21st birthday?
10. Have you ever been in a fist fight? Why?
11. If you could learn one random skill, what would you learn?