Had a great time though, Li arrived last Saturday and was with us for a few days over her week visit. I know you cannot "spoil" a baby but if you could it would have happened. Li is such a light sleeper that during the night if Claire even made a peep she would be rocked and sang to before I could even get in there and get my boob ready haha. She changed many a diaper and held her for my two showers a day. It was a lovely visit. I am so glad that Claire was able to spend so much time with her auntie, we watched lots of movies, tv shows, and ate some really good food - pretty perfect week.
To say our goodbyes Dana brought a delicious brunch over to our house [thank you for the idea], my parents and David also joined us. It was a lot of fun to have so much family around, Claire loves the attention and I know the grandparents love all the time that they get. My parents stayed for the evening and my mom made us crepes and we tried to stay cool in this hot hot weather. My mom loves to get the cutest outfits for the baby lady - we now have her first pair of UGGS! I die. Plus lots more outfits and new sheets, thank you so much mom - she loves them already!
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend!
- The heat, man oh man. I try not to complain about this too much via social media but damnit talk to me in person and you would not believe how much I hate it haha thankfully my dad set up a huge fan in front of our ac unit and it feels so so much better in our home.
- My sore body, Lora came over stretched me out and foam rolled me it was so helpful, nursing really is taking a toll on me.
- Sleep! cheers to sleep! I was able to take many naps with Li here and Claire has been sleeping for longer stretches at night. With her weight gain I haven't needed to wake her up and it is lovely.
- Claire has been smiling! They are little and quick but they are there and make the whole day better.
- Kansas trip, we have booked our flights and I am nervous/excited for Claire taking her first plane ride but very excited for some time with family, a wedding, Thanksgiving and my 30th birthday!
Instagram Photo Dump