I love you! Happy 6.5 weeks doll. You are growing so much each day and becoming such a personality. You smile all the time, you love to lay down on your changing table and kick around, you have a diaper rash but you do not let it get you down, and you still love to be bounced and patted.
Your dad and I are so thankful for your disposition, you rarely cry and when you do you are just letting us know that you need something. I think I have figured out what your "I'm hungry" cry sounds like and if its not that then we change you and hold you and that usually fixes it.
So far you are liking your play mat and the giraffe is your favorite to look at. You enjoy relaxing on your belly during tummy time but when you are alert you are really getting good at holding up your head. I know I need to do that more with you but usually you have a full belly or are tired and those aren't the best times for it. Your daddy and I want you to know how much we love you but not just us - you are very loved. All of our friends enjoy holding you and playing with you. You have many people who love and support you cannot wait for you to get to know them all.
Your 2 month check up is coming up and you are going to have to get some shots, I am taking tips from other moms on how to make that easier on you I do not want you to hurt and I hope that you are ok. Think of the bright side, you get to get your ears pierced after! You are going to rock those studs.
Lately you and me have been walking a lot, you seem to enjoy all forms of transportation - the moby, the ergo and the stroller. I am hoping you are liking the sunlight and exercise.
Ok I think you are ready to eat again, off I go.
- Claire has tears now! Ok, I know a cheers? Well its adorable even though it makes her fussiness so much sadder for me.
- New bedtime routine that we are trying leaves a few hour for just hubby and me time.
- Working out and vitamin D. Getting back into my old routine is really helping already. As long as I do a few things outside of the house a day I feel much better about sitting with my boobs out the rest of the day.
- Naps/sleep are getting so much better for us, I feel more rested most of the time.
- I know my work misses me :) lately I have gotten a few texts saying they can't wait for me to come back.
- A clean closet, well at least on my side haha. Excited to go shopping and get some new things to clutter it with.
- Halloween! Claire has a costume and I am obsessed. No I am not telling - I kind of want it to be a surprise.
- This gripe is a longer one. Breastfeeding is still going well in general but I am having some new pains that do not feel like thrush [ps thrush is still around, jesus its annoying] I was concerned that maybe my supply was going down so I got some fenugreek pills but then after talking to some people it sounds like I might have a fast let down and thats actually what is causing Claire to clamp down to slow the flow, I guess we will just see. I have made an appointment with a lactation consultant for next week, I want to make sure our latch is correct and that my baby girl is getting enough. Just looking at her it seems obvious that she is. She doesn't really fuss and she's a chubster. But I just want some reassurance. Breast feeding is no joke, I have never thought about my boobs this much. I just want to have a good supply saved for her when I go back to work.
- Insurance, it is just annoying. I mean, we can all agree on that.
- How quickly time is flying by, I am excited to go back to work and for the holidays but I want it to slow down a little
Instagram Photo Dump