This past month has been fun filled: she has been to the aquarium too many times for me to count, she saw her first firework show and she even watched her first proposal!! (Congrats Stephanie & Keith!!!)
A few fun facts about Claire -
1. She gets a little more nervous than she used too when it comes to books and TV, this morning a bear growled in a cartoon and she screamed and cuddled. She doesn't like the commercials for The Walking Dead and if there is tension on a show she can pick it up. It's so interesting and we're working with it because I want her to like scary movies haha jk
2. She still loves eggs and food in general but dislikes sitting in her high chair, hoping to buy ourselves a table soon and get her a little table of her own and maybe that will help. Snacks snacks snacks all day though- she loves em!
3. Unsure on her weight and height because we haven't had a pediatrician visit in awhile, but we'll have her 2 year check up next month.
4. ITP struck again, she had a ton of bruising that we couldn't explain so a few blood tests and we found out that her platelets had dropped drastically. After two days of being nervous and waiting on results after more blood tests we found out they were slowly rising by themselves. Thank goodness no more hospital stays!!
5. Loves to give Besos and hugs. makes all of her toys give each other Besos too haha
6. She can throw a damn good tantrum but we have a system that's been working for us. We ask her to look at us, we sit down and talk, then we hug and give Besos. If this doesn't work then we stay close and help her feel her emotions and let her know we're there. I'm glad they have been a lot less lately. We are working on figuring out her triggers so that we can keep these at a minimum.
7. Our morning routine cannot be called a routine due to the fact that Claire is all over the place. Between 4am and 630am we really never know haha. The one thing that we do every morning is put away all of her bedding (she tosses it all out when she wakes up) and then we go say good morning to the day, it's adorable! Ryan created this little ditty and it's so sweet.
8. Still babbles a lot but throws a lot of real words in for good measure. It's been so fun to watch her learn and try out new phrases.
9. Bath time has become a time for her to test out her floating abilities. She side eyes us while slowly lowering herself under, crazy girl.
10. Each day when we get home from work we get to learn more about her. She tries to tell us about her day, she makes us laugh and it's like she grows up SO MUCH in a day. It's always hard to be away from her but she really is such an independent lady already and has her own friends to see and things to do. She is amazing.
SHOUT OUT to Keith & Stephanie
last weekend we had the honor of celebrating their engagement!!
Stephanie, I love you so much. so happy for you!!