Here is whats going on with Claire
* She is NOT ok with you referring to her as "baby" she is not a baby damnit, she is Claire or she is a big girl. Sweetie is still ok, but no matter how we try and explain to her that she isn't an actual newborn but that she is just our baby she will not accept it. So we are working on kicking that habit.
* She does like pretending she is a baby, when we do that she likes to be rocked, pretend to cry, roll around in the sheets and have us pet her hair. It is pretty adorable but she likes to pull out this game right before bath time or heading out the door. I think I know what she is doing.
* She has a baby in her tummy. Lately, I guess like always, she has been surrounded by my friends who are expecting or have just had babies. For a little bit there she was OVER it, did not feel like meeting any babies, having my hold any babies or even talking about babies but she has turned a corner. The other evening she asked me if I had a baby in my tummy, when I let her know that I didn't she then told me about hers. Right now she has a two week old in there and his name is Bark, his name changes but so far its for sure a boy. She also has been playing mama a lot more with her dolls. Feeding them, sucking out their boogers with a nose frida, taking them on walks and just being an overall doting mother. Its adorable to watch.
* We are still nursing, usually just before bed time but occasionally if she is having a rough day or has fallen she will ask to breast feed more often. The sessions are getting shorter and shorter and I know its just her way of connecting with me and taking a moment. I am happy to still be producing milk and that I am able to comfort her in that way. She loves to 'just relax' [her way of letting me know I should stop talking and just rest] and to get cozy with me.
* Learning how to use the potty has been in full swing since Easter, for a few weeks before that she was going once at night and once or twice at pre school but since the bunny brought her Frozen panties she has been very gung ho, once we pick her up today from preschool we'll find out how her first day at school with big girl undies went. *** it did not go well haha being surrounded by friends and games did not let her concentrate on it. But at home she is doing awesome and since we are in no rush it is ok with us.
* She didn't fall into a 'terrible 2' category and for some reason that makes parents want to tell me about the 'threenager' stage which I guess is just another awful time in parenting haha but so far Claire is stubborn and independent but there hasn't be anything terrible about it.
* Silly voices are super entertaining right now, she does this really cool deep voice when she is asking for more candy or more of anything we said no too, I think she is trying to be convincing, it works sometimes.
* Claire is one of the gang, she likes to hang out with our friends and do all the things we do. This past weekend we took a boat ride and saw movies. I love having her around and how well shit fits into any situation.
There is so much more to our little firecracker but this gives you an idea for now and will help me look back in a few months when this is all blurry.
Hope you had a great weekend